In a 1940 era Fourth of July parade, Lorain Grabau and Frank Stein drive a 10-mule-team hitch. Note businesses on North Broadway: Covered Wagon Cafe, Valley Hardware and Stickan's Ben Franklin Store. Visible at upper right is the northeast corner of the Congregational Church, a temporary structure for the parade (?), the dairy, and then houses to the north. Of interest: perhaps a platform for parade judges along the storefronts, the canopied storefronts and the streetlight globe at lower right.