Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:13 AM
Instructions: "Study It"
"Hmmmmm....what could Arlette possibly be attempting to communicate???
"Is this a riddle/game???"
1) Is it an -- Internet website ?
2) Is it perhaps -- a movie title ?
3) Is it a NEW -- lifeStyle habit ?
4) 12-12-2012 -- the end of times ?
Is the answer, A) 1-of the above; B) 2-of the above; C) 3-of the above; D) ALL of the above.
Look at it again............or "Is she just having some rambling thoughts or a gibberish chant???"
Are you ready for the answer yet?? ... or do you want a few more hints/clues?
You just realized...
12/12/12 is the last repetitive date we will ever see.
Hmmmm........You've been reading about this upcoming date!!
Is there any meaning behind it, as some have speculated, or is it simply the science/study of mathematics. A NUMBERS phenomenon.
What will you do when this day arrives?? Anything special? Or simply mark it off on your calendar as just another Wednesday, Kiwanis meeting date, perhaps, or religious education night for the children. Should we do anything special??? And if so, "what?"
Which brings me to want to share with you the ANSWER to the riddle!
AGAIN...Last chance...Any guesses? - 1, 2, 3 or 4 ?
THE ANSWER IS #3...All three of the above!
Congratulations to those of whom guessed right.
1) Yes. The cluster of letters is an Internet website: www.happythankyoumoreplease.com
2) Yes. Happythankyoumoreplease is a movie title that came out in 2010 starring Josh Radnor. Josh actually wrote, produced, directed, and finally starred in this comedy/romance. You may know him or recognize him on the CBS' Emmy nominated TV sit-com "How I Met Your Mother." It's a sharp comedy centered on a group of 20-something New Yorkers struggling to figure out themselves, their lives, and their loves. Cast: Josh Radnor, Malin Akerman, Kate Mara, Zoe Kazan, Pablo Schreiber, Tony Hale. You may recognize them from other movie roles.
It is available at most public libraries and certainly can be ordered, as I did for myself and for ALL three of my 20-something kids!! I actually ordered it from the library, too, 'cause I was anxious to review this captivating movie. You probably won't find this movie at the Christian Book Store, and it is rated R for using the F-bomb periodically. An apology immediately follows 98 percent of the time once it slips out.
3) Yes. Three-quarters into the movie, the suggested meaning of the five title words are revealed in a rather philosophical but contemporary twist. It represents perhaps a few "light-bulb" moments or the ol' "a-ha" expression!!! I can almost equate "happythankyoumoreplease" to a lifestyle mission statement! Or a "motto" to somehow model your life after. I've had since high school the motto, "Don't Let Attitude Get In the Way of Your Success!" And of course, I have prayers that help me get through the rough times since I was but a toddler.
NOW, I will briefly summarize my interpretation of Happythankyoumoreplease. Remember my version may or may not be correct, but it "works" for my individual/personal self and lifestyle.
Happy: Strive to be happy! Everyone wants to be an overall happy person. And to be a good friend we will strive to bring happiness to others, at least for a part of their day. GOAL: I think EVERYONE hopes to be a generally "happy" person. Every day you should laugh out loud! THAT's why there ought to be a national campaign to get cartoons back on the movie sets.
Thank you: I think it is ALWAYS important to say, "Thank You," regardless if you believe the words to be true at the time. Sometimes it follows a compliment someone has given you and you are confident they are blind, incompetent, or simply an idiot, but you smile and accept it. In fact, make eye contact as you accept the compliment. PLUS, it is VERY important to remember to say, "Thank You," for ANY services that you may not have even benefited from. The regards are still worthy or warranted.
More please: The MOST difficult phrase is this one! For example: Following a complimentary thank you that you may have received, deep down in your soul, you may be secretly wishing "more please!" Meaning we appreciated the compliment, and NOW, if ONLY you could get another and perhaps still another. And "guess what?" Yes, you are worthy and so special, that you can expect MORE!!! It is what EVERYONE wants...They want to be needed and loved and appreciated. That's why courting/dating/marriage thrive; because they embrace a basic need everyone wants. Everyone is lonely, and dejected, and depressed, at times, and sometimes nearly every day and lead VERY happy and successful lives, but because they smile, compliment and give when NOT expected, they thrive and achieve and survive in life.
Summary: "So what should we do this Wednesday 12-12-12 ???" *Smile *Compliment *Give of Yourself..and JUST MAYBE, you'll do the same the next day, and the next day, and the next day, etc., until it becomes a habit. Then, at the end of the day as you recount or evaluate your day, you'll remember "a smile" you helped create on someone other than yourself! That may have been the only time ALL DAY they genuinely smiled. Good job - God smiled too. My personal daily mission: to be pleasin' to Him (God).
*Love is the overflowing result of one person in true fellowship with another*
NOTE: It is Arlette's opinion that #4 or D is NOT correct... The end of time is not imminent on 12-12-12. ~ I believe the sun will come up on Wednesday morning and that we ought to rejoice the new day!!~
Arlette Kvam, is a wife to Ricardo and a mother to Jacques, Vanessa, and Chelsea Kvam, plus the youngest of six. In addition, she is a self-employed interior designer with the motto "Rent an Arlette, By the Job or By the Hour!" E-mail: email@example.com.