Long skirts are a versatile piece of clothing suitable for every body shape, offering both comfort and adaptability for diverse events. Here’s a guide on how to wear long skirts in the most flattering way.
Pairing Long Skirts with Tops
When it comes to creating a balanced look with long skirts, the key is to consider proportions. Using a fitted top can accentuate the waist and provide an appealing contrast to the flowing skirt. Puffy sleeved tops can especially create a feminine and flattering look. On chillier days, opt to tuck in an oversized sweater or blouse.
Listed below are excellent top choices to pair with long skirts:
- Puffy sleeved tops
- Fitted tops
- Crop tops
- Button down blouses
- Tank tops
- Oversized sweaters
- Off-shoulder tops
- Denim and leather jackets for colder days
No matter the top, remember to highlight the waist for a flattering hourglass shape, be it with a thin belt or a tied shirt at the waist.
Choosing the Right Footwear
Footwear can make or break an outfit. With long skirts, high heels can add height and elongate the silhouette. Listed below are some of the footwear types that work well with long skirts:
- Ankle boots
- Knee high boots
- Pointed toe heels
- Ballet flats
Inspiring Outfit Ideas with Long Skirts
Looking for some outfit inspirations with long skirts? Here are a few:
- A powder pink pleated long skirt paired with a white crop top creates a timeless feminine look.
- A satin skirt with a white sweater exudes a sense of casual elegance.
- A chic outfit can be achieved with a ruffled skirt for a touch of casual chic.
- For a sophisticated look, try a green pleated skirt with a belted blazer and sandals.
With these tips, you’ll be able to rock the long skirt look with confidence and style.