Fillmore County 4-H kicks off second Annual Gold Card fundraiser
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:49 AM
Between now and the first week of April, 4-H families throughout Fillmore County will be selling Gold Cards, which are coupon cards to various merchants throughout Fillmore County. There are 31 Fillmore County businesses on the cards including gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and others. The cards consist of a reusable card that has 27 different area businesses included. This part of the card can be used as many times as you would like through March 2014. There are also five key tags (tags that can be put on your keychain so you don't lose or forget them); four of which are one time use and one is reusable as many times as you would like. The cards cost $20 each, but the savings can far exceed that investment.
This is the second year that Fillmore County 4-H has entered into this fundraising opportunity. Last year, over $20,000 was raised for the Fillmore County 4-H program. The county program will use the funds raised to support camps, county fair, state fair, Cloverbud activities, judging teams, quiz bowl, ambassador activities, scholarship advancement, service-learning projects and other livestock and general project learning. Again this year, 75 percent of the profit will go to the county program with the remaining 25 percent to the local 4-H club. The local club can use their funds as appropriate by 4-H stewardship guidelines, but many are used in local service-learning/community service projects, for club projects that are exhibited at the county fair, or for local club member scholarships to attend 4-H events.
Fillmore County 4-H is grateful to our generous community for supporting the Gold Card fundraiser and especially grateful to our area businesses that have graciously agreed to be a part of the fundraiser. Cards can be purchased from any Fillmore County 4-H family, or at the Fillmore County Extension Office, 902 Houston St NW #3, Preston.